A "Bible Revelations" Presentation
THE ATHANASIAN CREED
3. Now the Catholic Faith is this: that we worship the one God as a Trinity; and the Trinity as an Unity.
4. Neither confusing the Persons, nor dividing the Substance.
5. For there is a Person of the Father, another of the Son, another of the Holy Ghost.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Ghost is one, their glory equal, their majesty co-etemal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, the Holy Ghost uncreated.
9. The Father infinite, the Son infinite, the Holy Ghost infinite.
IO. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, the Holy Ghost eternal.
11. And yet they are not three Eternals, but one Eternal.
12. As also they are not three uncreateds, nor three infinites, but one infinite and one uncreated.
13. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Alniighty, the Holy Ghost Almighty.
14. And yet they are not three Almighties, but one Almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son God, the Holy Ghost God.
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, the Holy Ghost Lord.
18. And yet they are not three Lords, but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to confess each of the Persons by Himself to be both God and I,ord
20. So are we forbidden by the Catholic religion to speak of three Gods, or three Lords. .
21. The Father is of none, not made nor crgated nor begotten,
22. The Son is of the Father alone, not made nor created but begotten,
23. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and the Son, not made, nor created nor begotten but proceeding.
24. There is therefore one Father, not three Fathers, one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts.
25. And in the Trinity none is before or after, none is greater or less
26. But all three Persons are co-eternal one with another and co-equal
27. So that in all ways, as is aforesaid, both the Trinity is to be worshipped is an Unity, and the Unity as a Trinity.
28. Let him therefore that would be saved think thus of the Trinity.
For further information, questions or comments
please contact the Publishers of this Web Site